We (Bri and Jett) love discourse, but don’t truck nonsense. Nonsense harshes our flow. We’re all about a good time, so we’ll swing the banhammer sans remorse in a hot minute if drama starts rearing its community-destroying head.
We’ve found (both personally and professionally) that if you have an attitude of service and generosity, those same things will find you. We want you to glean as much as you can from the collective smarts and goodwill of this community. Likewise, please contribute where you can to further discussions, the goals of others, and community dynamics.
It’s our intent to establish a supportive, inclusive environment that simultaneously lifts people up and pulls no punches. We want people to share of themselves comfortably and freely, and with an expectation of privacy. Nothing you read here — outside of a funny meme, link to an article, etc. — should leave here. We are not down for screengrabs or backchannel gossip. If that’s your jam, you can take it on down the road: We are not your people. Offenders will be booted.
Before we launched this thing, we decided that we aren’t here to teach you social graces. If you don’t already have a set of them, grow some real quick.
Rules are tedious, so we try to keep them to a minimum:
- In general, just don’t be a jerkwad. That pretty much covers it.
- Disagreement is often a necessary part of growth. Members of this community are expected to be respectful when disagreeing with one another. (It always helps to keep in mind that a difference of opinion — even if it feels bluntly delivered — doesn’t equal disrespect.) If you find yourself unable to be respectful with regard to a specific person or topic, then zip it and agree to disagree.
- Related: “Move along, nothing to see here.” If the train is already on fire and filled with screaming people, please do not hop aboard it with four gallons of gas stashed in your backpack and commence to hollerin’.
- Kindly don’t police the jerkwads. Report any questionable threads/behavior to admins and we’ll take it from there. If the situation calls for it, we’ll eject any dummies and Swiffer the joint.
- Admins may quietly approach someone behind the scenes and ask them to check their jerkwaddiness before showing them to the door. This is a privilege, not a right.
- If what you do or where you can be found online comes up organically in conversation, then by all means share that. That said, please keep shameless self-promotion out of the mix; we’ll have particular threads and activities devoted to this.
- A few things that constitute shameless self-promotion:
- near-constant mention of your business, products, services
- asking leading questions where the magic solution is your business, product, or services
- ONLY contributing to the community on promo days/activities/threads
The above list is subject to change at any time. If it does, we’ll notify the community right away so that you can check out our new policies.